02 Dec Your 2021 Wellness Gift Guide
This is the ultimate gift guide for any wellness lover or health fanatic in your life. Think: someone who is highly sensitive or intuitive about their body, actively healing from autoimmunity or chronic illness, passionate about pursuing a healthy lifestyle, or simply enjoys investing in their well-being. The 2021 Wellness Gift Guide is your one-stop shop for all gifts that will support a healthy mind, body, and spirit. After all, wellness is the gift that keeps on giving!
How to Pursue Wellness During the Holiday Season
There’s no doubt that the holiday season often counteracts the general pursuit of healing. Traditionally, it’s filled with sugary foods, excessive amounts of alcohol, and let’s not forget the copious amounts of stress: increased travel, social gatherings, family dynamics, cultural expectations, unhealthy relationships, financial pressures, etc.
That said, the holiday season can actually be a time of improved health and wellness. It often just takes a little bit of intentionality! In addition to the health-supporting gifts shared in the gift gift below, there are many ways we can deliberately prioritize our health, even during the holidays. Here a few healthy holiday tips to keep you strong and well this season:
Engage in physical movement on a daily basis. This doesn’t have to be extreme or intense. In fact, gentle movement is greatly encouraged. Try daily walks through the neighborhood, yoga at home, or a leisurely bicycle ride.
Sure, the holiday season comes with it’s fair share of sugary desserts and processed treats. However, it’s important to still consume nutrient-dense, whole foods the majority of the time. Aim to eat plenty of anti-inflammatory foods, such as wild-caught fish, pastured eggs, leafy greens, seasonal fruit, and fresh herbs.
The holidays can be stressful and sometimes completely overwhelming. Learning to effectively cope with increased amounts of stress is key. Implement deep breathing techniques or meditation to recover from periods of high stress. Also, establish a routine to best relieve stress throughout the season.
Along with stress management, regular relaxation is one of the best ways to support your health and wellness during the holiday season. Set aside intentional time to unwind and recharge: get lost in a good book, take a hot bath with epsom salts and essential oils, indulge in a full body massage, or enjoy lunch with a friend.
The holiday season is busy, and often, a little chaotic. Use these healthy holiday tips to make your health and wellness a priority this season!
Your 2021 Wellness Gift Guide
This Wellness Gift Guide is complete for every health nut in your life. You can find something for him, her, kids, parents, in-laws, friends, coworkers, bosses, and more!
Wellness Gift Ideas Over $1,000
- Sunlighten Infrared Sauna– The Sunlighten Infrared Sauna is a splurge item for the special person in your life. This high quality, full-spectrum sauna is the perfect size for your home gym or master bathroom. Regular sauna use has actually been shown to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, improve autoimmune conditions, reduce pain and inflammation, promote deep cellular detox and more.
Wellness Gift Ideas Under $300
- Sunlighten LumiNIR– The Sunlighten LumiNIR is a portable, handheld light therapy device. It provides light therapy with near infrared, and optional red light or blue light to reduce inflammation, increase collagen production, renew and restore the health of your skin and joints. This is a great gift for those who are passionate about skincare or have problem skin (such as acne, eczema, rosacea, etc).
- Berkey Water Filter– What’s in your drinking water? In the United States, tap water contains unhealthy amounts of toxins and contaminants, such as mercury, fluoride, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, bacteria, viruses, and more. For this reason, I highly recommend that every person filter their drinking water. Berkey is the top-of-the-line water filter on the market. It comes in all sizes to meet the various needs of your loved ones!
- Club Sensitive Membership – Club Sensitive is an exclusive community and online program for those who are highly sensitive, empathetic, or intuitive. It brings together those with anxiety, depression, and overwhelm to connect with their intuition, develop holistic rituals, overcome trauma, meet kindred spirits, and share stories. We use MindBody techniques, energy medicine, healing foods, and a natural lifestyle to tap into our superpowers and use them to our advantage. This membership is for the person in your life that feels deeply, has impressive intuition, and easily feels overstimulated. Annual memberships are $300 and Monthly memberships are only $30!
Wellness Gift Ideas Under $100
- Real Plans Annual Subscription– Real Plans is my favorite meal planning service. You can choose plans from a variety of dietary needs, such as keto, AIP, paleo, gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and more. This is an extremely resourceful gift for someone who struggles with food sensitivities or restrictions.
- Tramontina Cookware– Tramontina offers high quality, non-toxic cookware. Stick to the Tri Ply Clad (not Base) Stainless Steel Series only! This is the perfect addition for the loved one who enjoys cooking! You can find a variety of Tramontina cookware pieces and sets online on their website, Walmart, Amazon or at Costco.
- Weighted Blanket– Weighted blankets provide a layer of comfort for those who struggle with anxiety, depression, or even insomnia. In fact, studies show their effectiveness in reducing anxiety in a variety of populations. The price range for weight blankers vary. However, my personal favorite is the Pendelton blanket with glass beads and cotton shell. In my opinion, it’s definitely worth the investment!
Wellness Gift Ideas Under $50
- Thrive Market Membership– Thrive Market is a one-stop-shop for online grocery/pantry/home/beauty shopping. They have every kind of personal and household item you could possibly want, including clean cosmetics, high quality protein powder and collagens, organic coffee, non-toxic soaps, natural pet supplies, and more. Personally, I love using Thrive Market to conveniently shop for snacks, AIP-friendly crackers, baking mixes, make-up, and dog treats!
- Primal Life Organics Dental Kit– In case you didn’t know, the health of your mouth is closely related to the overall health of your body. Primal Life Organics offers non-toxic, all-natural, organic products for oral care, such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, mouthwash, and more.
- Redmond Earthpaste– Earthpaste by Redmond is a mineral toothpaste. It’s a natural, yet effective way to thoroughly cleanse your teeth, while protecting the integrity of your mouth and teeth. This is a wonderful stocking stuffer for anyone who is passionate about the health of their dental health!
- Vibrant Blue Essential Oils– Vibrant Blue Essential Oils is not your average essential oil company. All of their oils are properly extracted, organic, and therapeutic grade. As a result, they help balance organ systems and regions of the brain, so the body can function optimally and heal. They offer a variety of starter kits, which make the perfect gift for anyone who is interested in getting started with essential oils.
While the holidays can easily be a season of stress, sickness, and inflammation, it’s important to take the appropriate measures to protect our health- and that of our loved ones. This extensive Wellness Gift Guide is a great place to start. Use this guide to shop for your friends and family members that are passionate about their health. In addition, implement the healthy holiday tips to best stay on track with your health this season!