22 Apr The Sensitive Approach
Have you struggled to heal from chronic issues, despite seeing doctor after doctor? The Sensitive Approach is a unique approach to physical and mental healing, as well as long-lasting health. And, it’s proven to work. Keep reading to learn how The Sensitive Approach can help your mind and body heal from the inside-out.
Hi! I’m Dr. Natasha, The Sensitive Doctor. My approach to health developed through years of personal health struggles and experiences. Before becoming invested in the world of bodywork and functional medicine, I spent years diving deep into conventional medicine. I relied on symptom suppression and OTC drugs to mask my physical pain and discomfort.
Luckily, I’m a curious person. I continuously challenged what I knew and believed about my health. And, never stopped asking “Why?” I could not (and would not) settle for simply “band-aiding” my symptoms. Eventually, after years of trial and error, I learned about the importance of the mind-body connection. And finally, it all made sense. Unlike ever before, I was able to connect each symptom to its cause. I was able to see my body as an intricate, complex system and understand how to take care of all these connected parts.
Fast forward to today: I’ve created an all-encompassing health approach, pulling from cultural and family traditions, data diagnostics, modern science, and innate wisdom. This is what I call The Sensitive Approach.
The Difference Between Conventional, Functional, and Traditional Medicine
The Sensitive Approach is a happy harmony of conventional, functional, and traditional medicine. While each of these individual approaches greatly vary, I believe each comes with it’s own benefits and downfalls. My goal as the Sensitive Doctor is to utilize the advantages of each to approach to pave a new way for health. But first, it’s important to recognize how these three approaches to health differ:
- Conventional Medicine- Conventional medicine is essentially a Western medicine approach. It is amazing for life-threatening trauma and emergency medicine. It falls short for options in wellness and maintenance of a healthy life. While conventional medicine provides extremely useful diagnostics tools, like lab testing, imaging, and pathology identification, it lacks options in treating root imbalances within the mind and body. The philosophy behind conventional medicine is to treat the symptom. In other words, the symptom is seen as the problem and something to be fixed or suppressed, instead of identifying and addressing the root cause or imbalance that created the symptom.
- Functional Medicine- Functional medicine is unique in that it takes a natural and holistic approach to health. It considers how each bodily system, organ, and function interacts and affects each other. It also looks at other factors that impact health like environment, lifestyle, stress, and relationships. By utilizing a whole-body approach, functional medicine addresses the root cause of each symptom and works to fix the underlying imbalances within the body, which usually leads to symptom relief, long-term wellness and optimal vitality.
- Traditional Medicine- Traditional medicine is sometimes referred to as Eastern medicine. However, as the name suggests, traditional medicine is based on any cultural and family tradition. It recognizes the unique aspects, energies, and imbalances within each individual, community, and culture. Traditional medicine often relies on the use of natural herbal remedies and nourishing, whole-food recipes to heal the body from the inside out. Traditional medicine will often have other modalities of healing that have been disregarded by conventional medicine, such as energy medicine like acupuncture or divination.
What is the Sensitive Approach
The “Sensitive Approach” is a combination of conventional, functional, and traditional medicine. It utilizes the benefits and advantages of each practice to create a one-of-a-kind healing approach. As a functional medicine and bodywork practitioner, I have a unique view of the body as a whole. I firmly emphasize the importance of the mind-body connection and how each aspect of the body interacts with each other: physical, metabolic, emotional and energetic.
The Sensitive Approach is a holistic approach to health. It truly is the best of all worlds!
Case Study: The Sensitive Approach in Action
I met my patient, Amelia, a little over a year ago. When she first contacted me, she had already seen several different doctors, and yet continued to suffer. She didn’t have a diagnosis yet, but from her own research, she strongly suspected she was dealing with a classic case of Hashimoto’s. She regularly experienced depression, fatigue, brain fog, moodiness, and acne. At this point, she was desperate for a professional to help make sense of the information overload she was feeling. Unfortunately, none of her doctors could relate to her concerns and never actually took the time to listen to her.
When I finally met with Amelia, her eyes looked dull, body seemed tense, and energy was obviously depleted. When we began working together, mostly through online sessions, we explored my full toolbox of healing modalities. After a few months of regular meetings, she was beaming. Her energy was strong and stable. She experienced healthy, glowing skin issues, clear thinking, and a positive, happy mood. Her best friend and mom couldn’t believe the transformation. They finally had the true Amelia back!
Believe it or not, Amelia’s success was all achieved through natural intervention and treatment. It didn’t require any prescription medications or invasive procedures. Thanks to the combination of conventional, functional, and traditional medicine (AKA The Sensitive Approach), Amelia was once again happy and healthy!
Are you read to experience the kind of true healing that Amelia experienced?
Who is The Sensitive Approach Right for
While The Sensitive Approach is a proven, one-of-a-kind approach, it isn’t the right method for everyone. That being said, you might benefit from The Sensitive Approach, if you are:
- Generally an empathic or sensitive person
- Ready to commit to the necessary changes
- Curious and interested in your health and healing journey
- Open to new ideas and concepts
Or, if you experience any of the following health symptoms or conditions:
- Depression or anxiety
- Hashimoto’s or a thyroid disorder
- Hormonal imbalances
- Chronic fatigue
- Brain fog
Ways to Experience The Sensitive Approach
As our world is constantly changing and evolving, I’ve invested time and energy into developing services for every kind of patient. If you’re interested in The Sensitive Approach and working together, please review the different options below:
- Virtually- Throughout the last year, I’ve transitioned many of my services to the online world. Luckily, in today’s digital age, most services can easily and effectively be done virtually. Meaning, I can work with anyone anywhere in the world! This might be a good option for you, if you don’t live locally or if you prefer to not travel to the physical location of my clinic.
- In-person- If you live locally to the Northern California area or are willing to travel for a retreat, you might be interested in working with me face-to-face. Currently, I do offer in-person sessions when scheduled in advance.
- Group- I truly believe in the healing power of community, which is why group connection is so important to healing success. For an easily accessible option,I created the KANARI MindBody Club as a resource and support system for fellow empaths. This monthly subscription program is perfect for those who are looking to get new ideas and ways to connect with like-minded individuals.
At the end of the day, healing looks different for everyone. Health is not a linear path. The healing journey is truly a roller-coaster! If you’re ready for expert guidance and empathetic support throughout your healing journey, I encourage you to apply to work with me one-on-one. I am your friend and ally in healing!. Click here to learn more!